Peru Day 6

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hola Everyone!

Today we flew into Cusco, Peru.

We all got up at about 3am that way we could make our 6am flight.

After we got to Cusco, we went to our beautiful hotel. The hotel staff served us coca tea and then everyone laid down for a nap.

Some people are definitely feeling the affects of the altitude, some aren't.

Luckily Daddy and I are fine and the altitude isn't really bothering us.

We did end up leaving 4 of our team members at the hotel while the rest of us went to the boys orphanage.

These boys were extremely sweet!

They welcomed us with 2 traditional dances.

We did our VBS program and handed out shoes to the boys.

After that they handed out these felt balloons that the boys had sewn and stuck onto sticks.

Then the kind director took us around the home and showed us their bedrooms and how responsible the boys are with their things.

After that we went back to the hotel to rest for a bit and check on the ones that had stayed behind.

We went to dinner and got to listen to some traditional peruvian music.



Please pray for all of our team that the altitude will not affect us tomorrow at Maccu Piccu and especially for one of our team members who is ill right now.

Thank you for keeping us in your prayers!

Moriah

5 comments :

  1. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever..... Psalms 73:26

    Hi sweetheart,
    I am so glad to hear that you and your Daddy are feeling fine. I’ll continue to pray for your group. Keep on letting God’s light and love show in your face and actions. Love always, Mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog in an inspiration and a blessing!! I can't wait for you to fill our TN trip with even more details of the stories you've shared here. We are in deed praying for you & your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sweet Moriah!
    It sounds like you are having such a wonderful time visitng the orphans and serving them! Keep focused on Jesus throughout the trip, and "Let you light shine for Him that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven!" I miss you! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things,"

    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
    2 Timothy 1:7

    Hi honey, I hope you are feeling better. I'm praying for a safe trip home. love you always and forever, Mother

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your journey, Moriah! What an amazing experience. You have lived one of my dreams. :) Spreading the love of Jesus to the orphan is a very special thing. Jesus said in Johns 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." I am glad that Jesus will be returning and in the mean time, we can spread His love and share this with others! I thought and prayed for you often on your trip. I think you made a memory of a life time. ---Cara

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Leave a comment with thoughts, questions or answers! I try to reply to all of them!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs