Wednesday: Unless God is our Provision

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wednesday's Devotion used the passage Psalm 23.

Psalm 23 (NIV)
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

Unless God is our Provision.
Wednesday's devotion definitely linked with Wednesday.
Our crew chief, Lupo, was taking off the tarps (by himself) that we had put on the roof Monday afternoon. Lupo went a little bit earlier to start on that and the rest of us had just gotten to the worksite when... He slipped on the couple lengths of 15 pound tar paper that we had put on the roof the previous afternoon.
Lupo fell about 14 feet off the back side of the roof. He landed in a pile of shingles, wood and nails that we had taken off the roof the previous day.
God provided and Lupo only broke his ankle (it could have been a lot worse....).

The devotion talked about how we use different tools and supplies to roof a house. We need provision on the worksite and we also need provision in our personal lives.
God provides all that we need and he takes care of us.
As Psalm 23 says, God is our shepherd and he will take care of us by guiding us and supplying for our needs.
We shall not want because God is our provision.

God provided many things for us that week and specifically on Wednesday.
-He provided by Lupo's injuries only being minor compared to what they could have been.








Lupo at the worksite on Friday (Yup that's me too :) )











-He provided by the fact that we were working with another crew and the Woodchippers' crew chief Mr. Bunyea was able to take over and lead us through the rest of the week.
-He provided by having willing people come from Edwards Road Baptist Church to help us.
-He provided by giving the leaders on our crew the wisdom to know what to do to finish the roof.
-He provided by all of the people working on our crews being willing to do whatever jobs they were asked to do.
-He provided by having adults on our crews who were willing to teach us the skills that we needed.
-He provided by sending other crews (Short Cuts and Level Heads) to come help us finish on Friday.
-He provided by supplying runners who were willing to pick up things like shingles and more tar paper.
-He provided by keeping everyone else safe (and no more falls off the roof :) .
-He provided by giving everyone enough strength and sustaining us through the week.
-He provided by the especially joyful people on our crews who lifted everyone's spirits.
-To be continued as I remember more :)

~Moriah
Unless
Psalm 127:1
Unless the Lord builds the house,
its builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the watchmen stand guard in vain.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Leave a comment with thoughts, questions or answers! I try to reply to all of them!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs