Tuesday: Unless God is Our Strength

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tuesday's devotion used the verse Psalm 28:7.

Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song.

The devotional talked about how Unless God is our strength, we will run out of our own strength quite quickly.
Since the devotion was the middle of Tuesday, it was a common feeling to be a bit overwhelmed at the task of roofing a house and to feel tired or frustrated with what we were working on.
The house that we, Patch Jobs, were working on had a roof that was a little bit bigger and steeper and more difficult than usual so we were working with a second crew, Woodchippers.
The main job on Tuesday was tearing up 4 layers of shingles and a layer of Cedar shakes.
If you aren't familiar with cedar shakes, they are wooden shingles.
We had to tear off the four layers of shingles, the cedar shakes and some wooden strips that were running across the roof horizontally.
We were working on tearing the roof down to the rafters, in order to build it back up.


By lunch time, after working from about 7 am until about 11:30 am, everyone was getting tired.
We could all use a reminder that God will be our strength if we ask him.
And God was our strength that week.
I can't tell you how many times I stopped to ask God to be my strength and he was there when I needed him.
~Moriah
Unless
Psalm 127:1
Unless the Lord builds the house,
its builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the watchmen stand guard in vain.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Leave a comment with thoughts, questions or answers! I try to reply to all of them!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs