Does God want me to be happy?

Sunday, September 9, 2012

As I grow older I'm noticing society's focus on being happy.  What can I do to make me happy? God wants me to be happy, right?
When I looked up the word "happy" on dictionary.com, this was the definition-
Happy-
1. delighted, pleased, or glad, as over a particular thing: to be happy to see a person.
2. characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, or joy: a happy mood; a happy frame of mind.
3. favored by fortune; fortunate or lucky: a happy, fruitful land.
 
Happiness depends on things or circumstances, joy lasts forever. 

 -John 16:22 (NIV) - "So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.". 
 
 And how do you get this joy? 
Acts 16:31 Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household.

God's joy can't be taken away, no matter what the circumstances are.  In fact, joy can be increased in trials.
James 1:2-3
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

The world can take away your happiness, but they can't take away the joy.


Yo tengo gozo, gozo en mi corazón.....

~Moriah

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Leave a comment with thoughts, questions or answers! I try to reply to all of them!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs