2016 is a Firecracker

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Once upon a time, I spent my New Year's Eve on a train, bawling and writing about my hopes and dreams for 2016 (check that out here).

Dang.  It has been quite a year.  I have learned, and grown, and lived through more than I ever could have imagined.  I have no idea how to fit that all into a mere collection of letters, so I'll leave it at a brief explanation for now.  I am hoping that there will be more words to come: lots of them.

In order to keep myself accountable to the goals that I set, I'm coming back to that list that I penned many nights ago.



  • Learn how to and then maintain a budget.  Adulting wants to make me curl in the fetal position and play Stressed Out on repeat, but it has to happen. Well, I learned how to budget.  Still working on the consistency part of maintaining a budget... Ain't It Fun is a fairly accurate song to my adult life as well
  • Get a job that pays higher than minimum wage. A girl can dream, right? I got a raise.  A small one, but a raise none the less.  Goal accomplished.
  • Learn ballet.  My lack of grace and balance has kept me away from dance for 19 years, but I would love to care for my body by strengthening it in this way.  Umm.... this one is still a work in progress
  • Continue to be mentored.  I am thankful beyond words for the people who wrap there arms around me and live out one of my pastor's favorite phrases.  This is what we get to do.  We get to love broken people.  It is a privilege to see the lives of others and be there in the hurt and the joy.  While I have learned how to show this love to others, I am not good at accepting it.  I want to keep letting people into my heart.  Still so grateful for the growth that my year has given me in this area.  I love the people that choose to pour into my life and make me a better person.
Loving mentoring as well.
  • Start writing a book.  Lifelong dream, 'nuff said.   Yeah, I need to work on this as well...
  • Be a more consistent blogger, and improve my blog. Baby steps.  It's coming.  (And more changes to come!!)
  • Bible journal at least once a week.  I am so excited about getting a journaling Bible as a Christmas present, and want to be consistent in using it. Not perfect in this area, but I LOVE how using my journaling Bible encourages me to slow down and take my time when I am in fellowship with Jesus.
  • Follow through with the contentment challenge.  Read about it here.  This was so great to be part of.  I highly recommend the challenge.
  • Keep painting.  I loved watercolor, even though the class was discouraging at times.  I want to keep painting with a few friends because we enjoy painting together.  Yes.  Loving the moments that I have gotten to spend painting.


Like I mentioned, 2016 has been quite the crazy year.  I want to add a few things to my list of goals, and then follow up later in the year on how I'm doing.

  • Learn more graphic design.  I've started working on this, and I want to stick with it, and use this as a possible side business, and use the skills to enhance my blog.  
  • Keep sticking out relationships, even when I'm scared.
  • Be faithful in spending quiet time with God.  It has such a huge impact on me, but I too easily dismiss it when I am short on time.

Hey.  If you stuck around this far, thanks.  There will be more continuing if you want to return.

SaveSave

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Leave a comment with thoughts, questions or answers! I try to reply to all of them!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs